.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, February 04, 2010

 

Hubble Sees a Cosmic Smash

Image Credit NASA, ESA, and D. Jewitt (University of California, Los Angeles). Photo No. STScI-2010-07

Comet P 2010/A2 was always a strange beast, one of the few known comets that orbited in the main asteroid belt. Well, turns out to be weirder than that, a close-up view from the Hubble Space telescope suggests that the tail of P 2010. A2 is not a cometary tail, but a debris tail resulting from the collision of two asteroids. See also here.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
Hello Sir/Madam,

I was very much impressed with your blog. Great post, I like this post.I found out that this blog is very interesting and informative.

I would be interested in exchanging links with you. If we exchange links you can get healthy traffic from us and our visitors can get relative and useful information form your site.

I have placed your link in my useful links at http://nonsense-verse.blogspot.com/

I would like to request a friend in your blog roll..

Hope you would add my link.

Cheer,
Lawrence Davidson
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?