.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

 

Widefield View of the Occultation of Saturn (May 14, 2014)


Images of the occultation of Saturn (Wednesday 14 May, 2014) taking using my 4" Newtonian telescope, with a "Point and Shoot" Canon IXUS attached with inifinty to infinity focussing, 3xZoom, and a 25mm eye piece. Click to embiggen.

The evening rolled around clear and bright. In between organising dinner for the boys, I dragged out the scopes to cool and tries to set them up efficiently. I was using the 4" Newtonian to run wide field shots with the point and click, and Don the 8" Newtonian for the close-up webcam.

The main issue is that it had been so long since I had done anything with the 8" scope (bad weather and lack of opportunity), finding all the bits and pieces while cooking took time. Especially since the laptop I use to run the webacm has no screen, and I have to use a separate screen which had been borrowed by MiddleOne, then finding the only memory stick that would work on the laptop (it is so old it can't handle anything over 2Gb).

But get set up I did, and feed the kids, and organised the dish-washing and all, then headed out for the occultation. I spent most of my time trying to get Saturn in the field of view of Don the 8" but I got these shots in the run up to the high resolution run on Don (actually, I got a lot more, but these are the best).

Occultation of Saturn, awesome... Now to finish of the high resolution images. (You can see them here now)


Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?